Seated row is a commonly performed exercise, however the wide grip variation less so.
- For this exercise take the lat pull down attachment and attach to a lower cable pulley.
- Draw the bar back towards your upper abs/ sternum, not your lower abs as you no doubt do normally on seated row.
- Aim to draw the bar back so far as possible – the further behind your body you can pull your elbows, the better the peak contraction.
- Aiming for a explosive concentric movement, 2 second pause at peak contraction and a 3 second eccentric phase.
- Rep range and rest periods will vary depending on your training protocol, but 4 sets of 8 reps is a good starting point 75-90 second rest.
For full back workouts don’t forget to check our LDNM Back Pack – the DOMS are insane!