Our Warm Tuna Bean Salad is ideal if you are looking for a low calorie, filling, high protein meal. This meal is also very low in fat, whilst being high in vitamins and minerals – making this Warm Tuna Bean Salad Recipe even more inviting!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 tuna steaks (approx. 240g)
- 400g can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 100g cherry tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 30-40g wild rocket
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Warm the tomato sauce in a saucepan, then add the garlic and the chilli flakes for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar, tomatoes, beans and seasoning with black pepper. Set aside.
- Scatter the rosemary over the tuna steaks and season. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan then sear the fish over a high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Toss the rocket through the bean salad, then serve with the fish.
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 30g