Try our recipe for these delicious Veggie Burgers.
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 60g cannelloni beans (drained)
- 30g oats
- 2 small carrots (shredded)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 30g mozzarella shreds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 40g chickpea flour (and more for coating)
- Cooking oil for frying
- Combine the flax seed and 50ml warm water and mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes until you have a flax gel.
- In a food processor, combine half of beans, the oats, flax gel, carrots, onion and garlic and process until combined but chunky.
- Add the herbs and spices and pulse a few times to mix them in.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the second remaining beans.
- Mash them with a fork and stir them into the burger mixture so it has different textures.
- Add flour until the mixture is not too wet or too dry and feels like it will hold together.
- Form flat patties, place mozzarella in the middles and close forming a burger
- Pour out some flour & oats on a plate and heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat burgers lightly with the mixture, shake off any excess and place them carefully in the pan.
- Do not overcrowd the pan; cook the burgers in batches.
- Cook until golden on one side, about 4 minutes, and carefully flip the burgers. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
Nutritional Information (makes 6 burgers):
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fat: 5g