This vegetarian pasty recipe is absolutely delicious! Whether you’re a normal eater or vegetarian, you’ll absolutely love our vegetarian pasties.
This is a great alternative to the highly processed and packaged meat varieties you’ll find in the shops, and better yet – you can enjoy our vegetarian pasty recipe hot or cold. You can store these in the fridge once they have cooled, but try to consume them within three days of cooking.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 small sweet potato (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 50g green beans (chopped)
- 50g peas
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 320g puff pastry (pre-rolled)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add the sliced onions and cook until transparent, stirring occasionally
- Add the ginger and garlic. Stir well for 1 minute, then add salt, turmeric and chilli powder and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots to the pan. Once almost cooked through and tender, add the beans, green peas, and cumin powder.
- Cook over a high heat, stirring regularly until the vegetable mixture is quite dry. Remove from the heat, transfer to a plate and set aside (This can be prepared in advance)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Allow the pastry sheet to soften slightly, then unwrap on a chopping board and cut in half length-ways. Spoon the vegetable mix along one of the long sides of the pastry.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush the edges of the prepared sheet lightly. Lift the pastry from underneath the filling and roll over to seal in the vegetables
- Press the edges gently together.
- Dip the pastry brush into the whisked egg yolk and use to brush the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the puff pastry has fluffed up nicely and is golden brown.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 383
- Protein: 7g
- Carbs: 41g
- Fats: 21g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!