Burritos are an absolute favourite of ours, but as we usually opt for a beef or chicken filling, we thought we would experiment! Thankfully our Vegetarian Burritos Recipe is delicious, simple and healthy – making it ideal for both omnivores and vegetarians alike!
Check out more of our vegetarian-friendly recipes by clicking on any of the meals below, and be sure to let us know how they taste with some feedback on social media!
- Chilli Bean Tacos
- Vegan Curry
- Spiced Carrot and Orange Soup
- High Protein Plant-Based Alternative Foods
- Low Carb Cookie Dough Bars
Ingredients (makes 8 wraps):
- 1 can of black beans
- 200g of (cooked) quinoa
- 1 medium avocado (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 50g grated cheddar
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- 4 tortilla wraps (normal or wholemeal)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt & pepper (to taste)
- Ketchup or salsa to serve (optional)
- In a large skillet or frying pan placed over low heat, combine the black beans, red pepper, olive oil, and cumin powder; stirring thoroughly to combine. Add the pre-cooked quinoa and allow it to cook just until it becomes hot. (Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and then heat in the microwave).
- Once the mixture is hot, remove from heat and add chopped avocado.
- Season with your lemon juice, before adding the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the quinoa and beans mixture onto the flour tortillas, dividing evenly.
- Top each tortilla with grated cheese, salsa, ketchup and/or any other sauce you would like to try!
Nutritional Information (per wrap):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 11g
- Carbs: 39g
- Fats: 10g
We hope you enjoy our Vegetarian Burritos Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!