Try our Vegan Chilli Recipe that is delicious, warming and goes with everything!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 150g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 250ml vegetable broth or water
- 1 bay leaf
- Garnishes: chopped parsley, sliced avocado
- In a large heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and pinch of salt. Stir to combine and then cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the drained beans, vegetable broth and bay leaf. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, for 30 minutes. Remove the chili from heat.
- Garnish with avocado and fresh parsley (optional).
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 142
- Protein: 5g
- Carbs: 15g
- Fat: 8g