Check out this lovely recipe from our book Leaner, Fitter, Stronger: Tuna & White Bean Salad in Little Gem Cups
Ingredients (to make 6 gem cups):
- 80g tinned tuna (drained)
- 200g tinned cannellini beans or other white beans (well rinsed and drained)
- 50g spring onions (finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons of capers (roughly chopped)
- Small handful of parsley or basil leaves
- ¼ small red onion (finely diced)
- Few shavings of parmesan
- 6 small/medium lettuce gem leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Break the tuna up into chunks into the bowl, add the remaining ingredients, apart from the little gem and combine gently. Season to taste
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a plate and divide up the beans salad evenly.
Calories and Macros (per cup):
- Protein: 12g
- Fats: 3g
- Carbs: 30g
Check out our book, Leaner, Fitter, Stronger, here!
Remember to post your meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNMuscle so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!