So, thought I’d throw out a slightly different version of the famous LDN Tuna Burgers that have become so popular. This version however (more of a Thai style) I think is a great complete post training meal, or for any clean bulker out there, providing you with more low GI carbs if you are struggling with fitting them in your macros. Again, not being too complicated, quick and easy as well as thoroughly enjoyable!
- 1- 1 ½ cans of tuna
- 1 medium/large whole egg
- 3-4 finely chopped spring onions
- One small sweet potato
- 1 small, finely chopped bell peppers
- Basil & parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Fully drain then break up tuna in a mixing bowl
- Add 1 whole egg
- Add finely chopped spring onion
- Add the finely chopped bell pepper
- Add small amount of basil and parsley
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potato (for approx 10-15 minutes), then mash
- Add mash to the mix, stir and combine thoroughly, then shape into two evenly sized burgers.
– Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to a pan and add burgers once the oil has thoroughly heated on a medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes each side, until heated through thoroughly.
– Serve with choice of greens.
- 45-50g of protein
- 10g of fat
- 25g of carbohydrates
Now it’s time for dessert, don’t forget to check out our delicious LDNM Protein Treat Pack here.