Parlez vous francais?
Worry not the only thing French about this exercise is its name. We are certainly not concerned with speaking French-we are here to give you triceps a beasting!
We all are no doubt familiar with ‘skull crushers’, and yes that is a fond favourite of ours. However why not try its French relative out, the ‘french press.’ This exercise enables a greater range of movement and targets a subtly different part of your tricep.
The French Press
- The technique is almost identical to that of a skull crusher.
- Sit in a reverse position on a preach bench
- Take either a straight or ‘ez’ bar and select an appropriate weight (we suggest lighter than your regular skull crushing weight).
- With an overhand grip lift the bar directly upwards to obtain the starting position. Ensure your elbows are as narrow as possible.
- Keeping your elbows locked in position lower the bar slowly until the bar has passed behind your head and you have just passed 90 degrees. Slowly return the bar to the starting position
- Repeat for appropriate number of sets and reps depending on your goals.
This is just a small insight into the hell that awaits you with our full Bicep and Tricep Workouts in our Brutal LDNM Arm Destruction Pack.