Bored of your current tricep routine? Fancy throwing in a new exercise? Here is a tricep exercise you rarely seen done. Here at LDNmuscle we like to incorporate this into our tricep workouts.
Single Arm Olympic Bar press
- Take 1x Olympic bar (or lighter if you require)
- Lay flat on your back on a mat
- With your arm at 90 degrees and tricep flat on the mat, take the Olympic bar in one of your hands (holding it in the middle)
- Keep your elbow as close to your body as possible ( brushing past your body) and raise to the ceiling nice and slowly. Take care to ensure you are keeping the bar straight and it is not tilting upwards or downwards, maintain the tension and stabilise the bar.
- Slowly lower the bar until your tricep reaches the mat, then raise again. Repeat for 8-10 reps/3sets.
- Make sure the bar remains stable and does NOT tilt, much of the difficulty is in keeping your technique spot on, keeping your elbow glued to your side, and the bar completely stable.
- Please note the exercise can be made harder by adding weight to the Olympic bar, and equally made easier by using a lighter bar.
Why not integrate this into the end of your tricep workout. A nice way to give them a final burn out at the end of a session. Remember variety is the spice of life!
For full Tricep and Bicep Workouts check out our LDNM Arm Destruction Pack here.