Reverse Grip Tricep Pull-down
The tricep exercise is quick, easy, and an effective variation on the very commonly used Tricep Pull-down. As with any muscle group or exercise, make a concerted effort to keep each and every workout varied – keep that body guessing!
By utilising a reverse grip, you can effectively target the medial head of the tricep (often neglected) and diminish the unwanted aid auxiliary muscles usually end up giving . In essence this means you can more effectively isolate the target muscle.
- Select a bar of your choice – either as pictured or a flat alternative.
- Ensure your knuckles are facing downwards – palms up.
- Draw the bar down until you reach a 90 degree angle, keep your elbows tucked in.
- Explosively draw the bar to the base of the rep with your elbows remaining glued by your side.
- In a slow and controlled manner control the bar back up to the 90 degree starting point (aiming for a 3-4 second negative).
- No rest at the top, straight onto your second rep and so on.
- I personally don’t tend to use this in a protocol which requires lifting heavy and a low rep range. Myself, and many others find it places an undue pressure on the wrist.
- I confine this exercise normally to an 8 sets x 8 reps Gironda Style Protocol, allowing circa 20 seconds between sets.
For more Brutal Tricep and Bicep exercises and workouts check out our LDNM Arm Destruction Pack here.
Enjoy Ladies and Gents!