Try this fantastic winter warmer, our Tomato Soup with Pesto recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 5 soft sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 800g cans plum tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 125ml crème fraiche (or soured cream)
- 125g pot fresh basil pesto
- Heat the butter or oil in a large pan, then add the garlic and soften for a few mins over a low heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, stock, honey and seasoning, then bring to a simmer.
- Let the soup lightly bubble for 10 mins until the tomatoes have broken down a little.
- Whizz with a stick blender, adding half of the sour cream as you go. Taste and adjust the seasoning – add more honey (salt and or pepper) if you need to.
- Serve in bowls with 1 tablespoon or so of the pesto swirled on top, a little more sour cream if you wish.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 213
- Protein: 8g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fats: 14g