We know the feeling, sat at home with limited food and starving… We always try to ensure we have a surplus of our most commonly used food sources, and re-order them way before we run out. If you fail to prepare…prepare to fail!
A few of you guys have been asking what we eat in a week, so here’s a quick list of what goes in the weekly shopping trolley:
- 2kg of lean meat, such as chicken breast or turkey mince
- 1kg of red meat, such as steak
- 1kg of salmon fillets, or other oily fish such as mackerel
- 4 tins of tuna – or up to 20x tins if there is a promotion on!
- 1 kg of Oats
- 500g bag of uncooked wholegrain/white basmati rice
- A box of oatcakes/ rice cakes
- A large tub of low fat natural yoghurt
- 2-3 large tubs of low fat cottage cheese
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Fresh fruit, such as; blueberries, raspberries, bananas and apples
- Fresh vegetables, such as: carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumber, peppers, and tomatoes
- A large packet of almonds and pumpkin seeds
- Total cost: between £40-60 (depending on where you shop and current deals)
LDNM Top Tip: Shopping in bulk is not only more convenient and prevents unnecessary journeys to the supermarket, but also is a lot more cost effective.
We generally buy the majority of our meat, fish, nuts, oats and liquid egg whites from Musclefoods. Not only is it substantially cheaper than a supermarket, we have found the quality to be discernibly better too. Fresh fruit and veg from the local supermarket.
The Same principle applies to supplementation too. We favour buying bigger options, the same with all the other essentials, creatine, fish oils, instant oats or BCAA’s – it gets cheaper as you buy bigger amounts (you can always split it with friends, and it has a long expiry date).