Try our Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe, which is ideal for entertaining, and for food prep.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 batch teriyaki sauce (see below)
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g broccoli
- 100g green beans
- 200g shirataki noodles
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Season the chicken with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken is cooking, prepare your teriyaki sauce (whisk all ingredients together until combined)
- Once the chicken is almost ready to go, add vegetables (onion, peppers, broccoli and beans) and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add shirataki noodles and stir fry for further 2 minutes
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over it, then toss to combine until evenly coated.
- Continue cooking until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately
- Garnished sesame seeds
Nutritional Information (serves 4):
- Protein: 21g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fat: 5g