Smoked Mackerel and Beetroot Salad
The first in a series of recipes brought to you by Team LDNM in conjunction with The Urban Kitchen.
Great, easy to make recipes, designed to vary your meals, preventing your diet from becoming stagnant and boring.
518kcal, 21g carbs, 34g fat, 27g protein
This salad is full of minerals and is quick and easy to put together after a hard day at work. The beetroot is a rich source of iron, whilst the mackerel is a great source of omega-3 fats that we actually need for our brains.
- 100g beetroot, cooked and cut into wedges peeled (buy from supermarket, not in vinegar)
- 50g of watercress or peppery salad leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 100g smoked mackerel fillets, broken into pieces
- 10ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp minced horseradish
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Place the beetroot, spring onions, watercress and rocket in a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients of the dressing to a jar and shake.
- Warm up the fish under the grill for 5 minutes or in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish to the salad and pour the dressing, mixing well.
- Serve immediately.
For those who fancy dessert or who are after a sweeter option, check out the LDNM Protein Treat Pack right here.
Hope you guys enjoy this, and keep your eyes peeled for our next addition.