You absolutely have to try our high protein, low calories Sweet & Sour Cod Fillets Recipe!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 500g cod fillets (cut into equal size chunks)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of corn flour
- 1 tbsp. of ketchup
- 2 tbsp. of dried basil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Season the cod with basil, salt and pepper and fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Remove the pan.
- Reduce the heat and add onions, green and red pepper and fry until soft (about 4 minutes).
- Add pineapple chunks, ketchup and 3tbsp of pineapple juice from the can. Simmer for further 5 minutes on low heat.
- Mix the flour with 2tbsp pineapple juice from the can, stir well and add to the pan.
- Add previously fried cod fillets and simmer for further 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 344
- Protein: 38g
- Carbs: 33g
- Fats: 8g