Try this delicious Sweet Potato & Chorizo Hash recipe!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 50g sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 100g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 60g chorizo or pancetta (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 50ml passata
- Handful pickled and sliced jalapeños
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 2cm cubes. Put the cubes into a pan and cover with water, then bring to the boil. Once boiling, drain and allow the steam to run off.
- While waiting, melt the coconut oil in a pan over a medium to high heat. Once melted, add the chopped onions and chorizo/pancetta, and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, turn the heat down to medium and add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, jalapenos, sea salt and black pepper. Squash them down a little and fry for 8-10 minutes without moving them, until the bottom becomes crispy.
- Once crispy, pour the passata, then make 2 small wells in the hash and break in the eggs. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are cooked but the yolk is still runny (you can cook for longer if you like your yolks well-done).
- Top with a few extra jalapeños and serve.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 416
- Protein: 24g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fat: 25g