Try our delicious stuffed peppers recipe, for a low carb, high protein and super-nutritious dish.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g lean mince beef
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 100g mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 red peppers (halved and deseeded)
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 50g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large frying pan, begin to heat the onion and garlic before adding the minced meat. Brown for 5mins and drain off any excess oil. Return to heat and add mushrooms and thyme to pan and cook for further 2mins. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Place the pepper halves upwards facing on a baking tray. Season them with a little salt and pepper and spoon the mince mixture into each pepper until full.
- Bake for 20-25mins until the peppers are almost tender. Sprinkle grated cheese evenly on each one and return to oven for further 5mins to melt and turn golden.
Nutritional Information (makes 4 servings):
Values per serving
- Calories: 340
- Protein 42g
- Carbs 6g
- Fat 16g