Try these delicious and nutritious Stuffed Chicken Breasts, ideal for dinner or food prep!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 100g kale (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon; ½ zested, ½ cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons of mascarpone
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 12 rashers of smoked bacon
- 500g parsnips (peeled and cut into batons)
- 2 red onions (halved and cut into wedges)
- 250g new potatoes (peeled and cut into thin discs)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the kale for 4 mins until tender. Rinse under cold water, squeeze dry with your hands, then whizz in a food processor with the lemon zest, mascarpone, garlic and seasoning.
- Cut a long slit in the side of each chicken breast, open it up and stuff with the creamy kale. Gently stretch each rasher of bacon and wrap three around each chicken breast.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil on a baking tray. Nestle the chicken on top, season and bake for 20-25 mins (depending on the size of the breasts), giving the veg a stir halfway through.
- Check the chicken is cooked, then place on a plate to rest, covered with foil. Cook the veg for 10 mins more, then serve with the chicken and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 453
- Protein: 38g
- Carbs: 71g
- Fat: 36g