Try our delicious Stroganoff Meatballs recipe, which is great for entertaining and food prep alike!
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 200g pack small button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 beef stock cube, made up to 300ml stock
- 150ml crème fraiche
- Handful fresh parsley (chopped)
- Drizzle of oil
Rice, potatoes or tagliatelle, to serve (optional)
- Season the beef and shape into walnut-sized meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the meatballs until brown on all sides.
- Scoop out of the pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook for a few mins to soften.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, and fry for a few mins until the mushrooms soften and start to brown a little.
- Stir in the tomato purée, paprika and flour for 1 min, then add the stock, bit by bit, to make a smooth sauce.
- Return the meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the soured cream and parsley, and season to taste.
Nutritional Information (makes 4 servings):
- Calories: 470
- Protein: 40g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 33g