Try our fabulous spicy pea soup recipe, which has a good protein content per serving.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g frozen baby peas
- 1 red chilli pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 inch of ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 2 limes (zest one and reserve the zest)
- 100ml full fat coconut milk.
- 500ml of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for cooking
- To serve: chilli flakes
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion and chili with some salt and oil until tender.
- Add the grated ginger, lime zest with a pinch more salt and stir.
- Toss in 400g frozen peas and the water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the peas are tender but still bright green.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Carefully puree the hot soup in a food processor or a blender.
- Return the soup to the pot and heat on low. Add remaining frozen peas. Warm through.
- Finish the soup with a few squeezes of lime juice.
- Serve with chilli flakes
Nutritional Information (Makes 4 servings):
- Calories: 185
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fat: 6g