Try our Shakshuka Recipe today, and if you wish to cook for more than one, doubling the portion size and dipping fresh bread into the meal is fine to do!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 eggs
- 150g passata or tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- 30g feta cheese
- Parsley or chives (for garnish)
- In a pan over medium high heat, heat one tablespoon of olive.
- Add the onion and red pepper and stir. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until translucent and a bit softer.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, the cumin, the chilli and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and stir everything together. Allow it all to cook together for 10 minutes. The sauce should get thicker. Stir in the feta cheese at the end.
- To add the eggs, just crack them over the tomato sauce mixture.
- Cook eggs until the whites firm up a bit but the yolks are still runny; about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or chives. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 23g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fat: 18g