Try knocking up this Protein Chocolate Florentine recipe today!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 100g flaked almonds
- 60g dried fruit of your choice (sultanas, cranberries, etc.)
- 2 scoops LDNM chocolate whey 80 protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of (coconut) milk
- 80g melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Pop the butter, protein powder into a saucepan and heat over a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the milk.
- Add the almonds, orange zest, nuts, dried fruit and honey. Stir well to combine.
- Now line a tartlets (or muffin) trays with greaseproof paper and pour approx. ½ tbsp. melted chocolate in each tray. Move the tray around so the melted chocolate covers the bottom.
- Place a teaspoon of the florentine mixture onto each.
- Pop the florentines into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on the tray, then transfer the florentines to a cooling rack. Don’t try to get the florentines off the tray until they are completely cooled, or they will just fall apart in your hands.
Nutritional Information (per Florentine):
- Calories: 218
- Protein: 12g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fat: 11g