- Choose a weight which allows at least 8 decent reps.
- Ensure you have your shoulder blades and shoulders pulled back and arms as straight as possible.
- Grasp a plate weight and compress it with both palms.
- Keep your neck neutral and head looking forward.
- Squeeze the plate as hard as you can, keep your arms straight and drive the plate upwards until it is in line with your shoulder height.
- Hold the rep for 2 seconds at the top and then slowly return to the starting point aiming for a count of 3 seconds.
- Control the weight BOTH on the way up and on the way down.
- Remember keep squeezing the plate as much as possible throughout the exercise- the key is in the squeeze – no cheating by threading your fingers through the centre of the plate weight!
Be sure to check out more of our punishing Chest Exercises and Workouts with our epic LDNM Chestacular Chest Pack.