Apple, Beetroot And Ginger Porridge With Total 0% Greek Yoghurt, Spiced Apple Granola And Toasted Walnuts
Ingredients ( to make 4 portions)
- 2 large English apples, grated
- 1 large raw beetroot, grated
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 100g oats (I used Jumbo but having tasted the others, think that more finely milled is better)
- 200ml Ivy House Organic jersey milk
- 20g walnuts, lightly toasted
- 50g Total 0% Greek yoghurt mixed with 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp Rude Health spiced apple granola
- Toast the oats gently in a pan over a low heat until almost golden and when they smell toasted. (Be careful to keep stirring and so the oats don’t catch)
- Add in the milk and cook over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes until the porridge begins to thicken.
- Add the grated beetroot, apple and ginger and agave nectar stir well. Cook for about 2 min
- Add the mixed spice and cook for a further minute.
- Decant into bowls and top with yoghurt, spiced granola and walnuts
254kcal – 5g protein, 4g fat, 34g carbs for the porridge.
By all means make your own macro amendments to hit your required targets, there is no reason why you couldn’t add whey to it either to a make a variation on our very own LDNM Protein Porridge.