Simple yet effective, the overhead dumbbell Tricep extension.
Ladies these aren’t just for men, give these a go as part of the war on ‘Bingo Wings’.
- Warm up you triceps prior to performing this exercise.
- Take a Dumbbell and raise above your head- using the grip demonstrated in the second photograph
- Keep your elbows glued into your head (so far as possible)
- In a slow and controlled manner lower the dumbbell, WITHOUT letting your elbows bow outwards.
- Return the weight to the starting position
- Aim for a 3 Second eccentric phase and a 1 second concentric phase ( so 3 seconds down, 1 up).
- Guys aim for a 6 reps with a heavy weight, repeat 4 Sets of 6 reps, 1 min rest period between set.
- Ladies aim for a weight in which you struggle to complete 8- 10 reps. Repeat 4 sets aiming for a 45 second rest interval.
- If you fancy it why not try a dropset? So perform your 6 reps with a heavy weight then straight after take a weight approx 60% of your first weight and aim for 8-10 reps.
For full Tricep and Bicep Workouts check out our LDNM Arm Destruction Pack here.