After a low carb meal? Try our Oriental Prawn Lettuce Wraps today!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 450g prawns
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 2 heads baby gem lettuce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add prawns and cook until golden, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in crushed chili pepper, cumin, ginger, onion and cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute, then add carrot, garlic and bell pepper. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes more, vegetable should be still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the prawn and vegetable mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Serve along with the remaining cooking juice if you like.
- Don’t forget to dip in the chilli sauce — Enjoy!
Calories/Macros per Serving:
- Calories: 304
- Carbs: 16g
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 8g