Try our Oriental Beef Stir Fry recipe for dinner tonight!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 350g sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 inch of ginger (peeled and cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 medium bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 150g of mangetout
- 100g of baby corn
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- Slice the beef into thin slices across the grain.
- Heat the oil until shimmering hot in a wok or large high-sided frying pan. Add the ginger that’s been cut into matchsticks and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy. Scoop out of the pan with a slotted spoon and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- Bring the temperature back to very hot again. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the beef and add half the beef to the wok. Fry, moving around a few times until browned (about 3-5 minutes). Spoon out with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl to rest. Add in another 1 tbsp. of the oil if needed and cook the remaining beef in the same way, then place in the bowl too.
- Add a little more oil if needed so you have around 2 tbsp. of oil in the wok. Heat to a medium heat and add in the chopped onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes until just starting to soften. Add in the minced ginger and garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds, then add in the broccoli, spring onions, baby corn and mangetout. Stir fry for one minute, then mix together the sauce ingredients and add to the wok.
- Allow to bubble and thicken for one minute, then add the beef back in. Allow to heat through for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
- Top with the crispy ginger matchsticks and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.
- Serve with boiled rice or noodles.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 428
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 32g
- Fats: 21g