Try our Nutty Quinoa and Tofu Bowls recipe from our Bikini Guide – the best female fat loss and lean definition plan available.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 100g Quinoa
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1cm freshly grated ginger
- 4 medium slices tofu (baked)
- 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the tofu on a lined baking tray and pop it in the oven for 40 mins or until cooked, turning half way through.
- Rinse the quinoa, under cold water and add to a pan with double the amount of water, pinch of salt and cook on a light boil for 10-15mins or all the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork or wooden spoon.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the red pepper and cook for about 3 mins, until softened before transferring to a large bowl.
- Place the pan back on the medium heat, add the broccoli and 2 tbsp of water. Cover and steam for about 2 mins or until broccoli tender. Transfer the broccoli to the bowl with the pepper.
- By hand whisk the peanut butter, lime juice, water, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a small bowl.
- Transfer the quinoa to the large bowl with the veggies and then add the peanut sauce. Toss everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the quinoa into 2 bowls, the top each with 2 slices of tofu and chopped peanuts.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Kcal: 427
- Protein: 25g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fats: 16g