Try this delicious autumnal treat, with our Minestrone Soup Recipe!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled (sliced)
- 100g bacon (chopped)
- 150g chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, diced)
- 2 potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 1 litre of beef stock
- 30g tomato puree
- 400g canned haricot beans (drained)
- 1 bay leave
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 400g tomatoes chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, bacon, chicken, celery, garlic and carrots for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the potatoes and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock and bring the mixture to the boil. Stir in the tomato purée and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the haricot beans, herbs, chopped tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 164
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 10g