Italian food is undoubtedly delicious, but unfortunately it can be very high in calories and carbs. Luckily for you we have created this Meatballs and Zucchini Recipe, which is high in protein, whilst keeping calories and carbs low by using zucchini instead of pasta!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange meatballs in a glass baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into noodle shapes with a spiralizer.
- Heat tomato sauce in a saucepan with more garlic and basil over medium heat; add meatballs. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until sauce and meatballs are evenly warmed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; keep covered.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until tender but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a serving plate; top with tomato sauce and meatballs.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 278
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 15g
Remember to post your feedback on social media – to @LDN_Muscle and @MB_LDNM – as we love to see you making use of our content!
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!