You will absolutely love our Low Fat Sausage Casserole, which is perfect for both food prep, families and entertaining!
Pork sausages are often very high in fat, so simply opting for a lower fat version – especially in something like a stew or casserole – is ideal for cutting calories but keeping the flavour!
This Low Fat Sausage Casserole is fresh from our 2019 Bikini Guide. The Bikini Guide is the UK’s leading fat loss and lean definition plan that has been revolutionised for 2019; to make it even more effective and superior than ever before. 01.01.19.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 low fat pork sausages
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 large leek (white part only and chopped)
- 1 large potato (sliced thinly)
- 100g green peas
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tbsp. grain mustard
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 300ml cider
- Turn the slow cooker on. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of the oil. Brown the sausages and chicken on all sides and remove.
- Add the remaining oil, potato and onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and sauté another minute. Add the mustard, cumin, some seasoning and the cider. Stir well and pour into the slow cooker along with the meat.
- Cook for 4 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the leeks, green peas and place on top of the meat. Ensure meat is thoroughly cooked through with no pink showing. Serve with fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.
Nutritional Information (per Serving):
- Calories: 340
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 24g
- Fat: 4g
Remember to follow us and to post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNM so that we can see your lovely creations, repost them, and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!