Here’s a fab fry up that won’t use up all your calories, and should be enjoyed as and when you wish (not just the weekend!). So enjoy this recipe for a Low Calorie Fry Up.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 6 rashers (lean unsmoked back bacon)
- 12 small closed-cap mushrooms
- 100g spinach
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to very hot. Lay the bacon, mushrooms on a foil-lined tray. Brush the tops of the mushrooms with the oil. Grill for about 10 mins until cooked, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into heated and greased pan and fry until your desired yolk consistency. Remove from the pan.
- Add garlic and spinach to the heated and greased pan season with salt and pepper and sauté until soft (approx. 3 minutes). Serve with eggs, bacon and mushrooms.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 322
- Protein: 26g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fats: 21g