Try this Loaded Toast Recipe to upgrade your breakfast today!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 slices sourdough bread (or any bread of your choice)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado (sliced)
- 4 eggs
- 15g goat cheese (crumbled)
- Salt, black pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Heat the oven to 180C. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush top sides of bread with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil until golden, approximately 2 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté until cooked and wilted. Turn off heat and mix in goat cheese and diced avocado.
- Top each slice of toast with equal amounts of the spinach/avocado/goat cheese mixture.
- Heat remaining of oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with pepper. Cook until whites are almost set, about 1 minute. Cover, and remove from heat; let stand until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes.
- Top each toast with a cooked egg.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 275
- Protein: 14g
- Carbs: 25g
- Fat: 13g