- 6 (roughly 800g raw chicken) Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped corriander
- 3 finely crushed/chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime Zest
- 90 ml squeezed Lime Juice
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (60g fat)
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
(Optional dipping sauce)
- 100ml Tesco reduced fat soured cream
- 100ml Tesco hot salsa
- Cut chicken into skewer sized cubes
- Place the cilantro, minced garlic, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a bowl and stir until mixture becomes one
- Place chicken into the marinade and mix- making sure that all the pieces are seasoned.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Chicken pieces onto skewers and grill or barbeque till cooked through (takes me 10-15 minutes BUT is dependent on the size of your chicken breast pieces)
Optional dipping sauce:
- Simply combine equal amounts of low-fat sour cream with a salsa to create your dipping sauce
- Protein: 240g
- Fats (majority healthy fats): 80g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
(Dipping sauce values):
- Protein: 3.5g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7g
I served this to 5 people (including myself) with:
- Savoury rice
- Mixed Salad
- The 200ml dipping sauce.
These diners weren’t particularly healthy eaters, but they loved this meal- and I am by no means a master chef! So if you’re trying to get your family on the healthy eating bandwagon, or like cooking in bulk for latter meals, this is a good dish for you.