Try our high protein Lentil Curry recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon of medium curry powder
- 100g red or green lentil
- 100g fresh spinach
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g (2 cans) chopped tomato
- 400g (2 cans) chickpea (drained)
- ¼ small pack coriander (optional)
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 min more, then stir in the lentils, sweet potato, stock and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Add the chickpeas and spinach, then heat through.
- Season, sprinkle with coriander, if you like, and serve with seasoned yogurt and naan bread (optional).
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Kcal: 298
- Protein: 11g
- Carbs: 40g
- Fat: 10g