Created as a follow up of the tuna burgers; the turkey burgers are just as quick and easy to make, and an alternative from fish- with just as low carbohydrate and fat content: the LDNM Turkey Burgers Recipe.
- 500g Lean turkey mince (I use Aldi or Tesco produce)
- Large whole egg
- Large egg white only
- Half (red or white) onion- finely chopped
- Garlic- finely chopped
- Seasonings and spices as required
- With a fork mash and press the mince till it becomes less stringy, resembling an uncooked burger patty.
- Add whole egg and stir in evenly through mince (may separate the mince but some more ‘forksmanship’ will solve that)
- Add remaining whole egg white
- Add remaining ingredients of your choice to flavour the burgers
- Turn on foreman using oil or equivalent spray (may fry or oven bake but I don’t have the timings on those methods!)
- Hand-shape 3-4 patties, ensuring even thickness
- Place in foreman grill for 6-10 minutes (differs between ‘foremans’ so keep an eye on them!)
- Protein: 178g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 0g
Please note: these turkey burgers take a tiny bit more mastering than the tuna burgers- i.e. with Aldi turkey mince (415g) I only use one large whole egg. I usually blend a slice of torn bread into breadcrumbs and add it to the mixture- this allows for a more solid patty.
They are a great, quick and easy protein component for any meal, and can be stored in the fridge for 1-3 days for use in latter meals and packed lunches on the go!
For those needing dessert don’t forget to check out our delicious LDNM Protein Treat Pack.