Tuna Burgers – the Easy Way!
Sometimes tuna can get a bit dull, so try this recipe to liven up your dishes. You may have noticed the recipes I use don’t tend to be too complicated, with much room for experimentation- this is the same! So there’s ample room to experiment with the LDNM Tuna Burgers Recipe to suit your own taste preferences.
Ingredients (makes 2 burgers):
- Can of tuna (tuna flakes are best) drained 130g,
- 1 medium/large whole egg,
- Finely chopped red onion,
- Italian herbs.
- Fully drain then break up tuna in a mixing bowl,
- Add 1 whole egg,
- Add finely chopped red onion,
- Add Italian herbs,
- Mix all together using fork until even,
- Shape into two evenly sized burgers,
- 3-5 minutes (each side) on a pre-heated, medium-high heat pan with half a teaspoon of coconut oil,
- OR 3-5 minutes in a foreman style grill with a low-kcal olive oil spray.
Calories & Macros (entire batch):
- 42g of protein,
- 6g of fat,
- 0g of carbohydrate.
Ingredients to experiment with:
- Other herbs and spices,
- Garlic and white onion,
- Tabasco and pesto.
These burgers go very well with basmati rice, wholemeal wraps/baps, and a mixed salad; perfect for Cutting or Bulking phases. Have a go and tweet your photos to @LDN_Muscle!