A fantastic winter warmer, ideal to whip up when needed; Italian meatballs
- 500g (app 20) Italian meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ½ red chilli (finely sliced)
- 400g passata (or 1 tin of Italian chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan or grated cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots, garlic and chili for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add passata (or the tinned tomatoes) along with the basil, oregano and let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce, cover it with the lid and let it simmer for about 8-12 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan or grated cheese
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Macros per serving (serves 4):
- Kcals: 180kcal
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbs: 9.5g
- Fat: 8.4g
Serve with spaghetti or pasta, or if you are after a lower carb option, courgette spaghetti is a perfect, nutrient-dense option.
Remember to post your meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNMuscle so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!