Try this delicious Italian Meatballs recipe, with low-carb zucchini noodles!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange meatballs in a glass baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into noodle shapes with a spiralizer.
- Heat tomato sauce in a saucepan with more garlic and basil over medium heat; add meatballs. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until sauce and meatballs are evenly warmed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; keep covered.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until tender but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a serving plate; top with tomato sauce and meatballs.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 278
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 15g