If you are looking for a delicious, easy, low calorie topping for a lovely bowl of past, look no further than our Italian Meatballs Recipe.
For more super simple meals like our Italian Meatballs Recipe, simply click on any of the titles below that take your fancy!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g (app 20) Italian meatballs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ½ red chilli (finely sliced)
- 400g passata (or 1 tin diced tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp. of basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. of Parmesan or grated cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots, garlic and chili for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add passata (or the tinned tomatoes) along with the basil, oregano and let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce, cover it with the lid and let it simmer for about 8-12 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan or grated cheese
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Kcals: 180
- Protein: 13g
- Fats: 8g
- Carbs: 10g
We hope you enjoy our Italian Meatballs Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!