Homemade Protein Nutella!
If I could, I honestly think I’d spend all day every day eating Nutella straight from the jar. Perhaps every now and then, I’d throw in a 3-Ingredient Nutella cookie (one cup of Nutella, one cup of flour and an egg… seriously, try this!), but my real guilty pleasure is eating that chocolatey goo by the spoonful.
Sadly, Nutella really isn’t all that good for me and contains palm oil. And although the adverts tell me it’s full of goodness, it really isn’t great on those abs, either.
Thankfully, my addiction is currently very happy indeed. You see, I’ve managed to recreate my own healthy Nutella. Healthy, PROTEIN-PACKED Nutella. Oh yes! And somehow, it manages to taste even better than the sugary, processed kind.
If you’re a nut butter fiend like me, you’re going to love this stuff. Make it by the bucket-load because it will be gone in minutes!
- 200g roasted, chopped (and skinless) hazelnuts,
- 3-4 tbsp (25-30g) of raw cacao (to taste),
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil,
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein,
- 70-100ml cartoned hazelnut or coconut milk (depending on how runny you like it),
- 1 tsp stevia,
- Pinch of sea salt.
1) Blitz the nuts in a high-powered blender until they start to form a nut butter like texture.
2) Then add in the cacao, coconut oil, whey protein, 70ml of the milk and the salt and stevia. Continue to process until smooth, adding more milk or cocoa if you like.
3) Pour into airtight containers and store in the fridge. Spread on toast or eat straight from the jar!
Nutritional Information (entire mixture):
- Kcal: 1,430
- Protein: 63g
- Fats: 110g
- Carbs: 55g
MyFitnessPal: ‘Homemade Protein Nutella (LDNM by Sam Hadadi)’
About the Author:
My twitter: @samantha_hadadi
Bio: Former journalist turned freelance health food writer and recipe creator. I love to eat, so I’ve taken it upon myself to make healthier, guilt-free treats of all my favourite foods! My recipe ebook, containing 70 healthy recipes and treats, will be out soon.