Try our Homemade Baked Beans recipe today!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 600g haricot or cannellini beans
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 500g chopped tomatoes or passata
- 100g of bacon or pancetta or chorizo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a large pan, add onions, garlic and meat. Cook until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and app 400ml water with spices, then tip in the beans.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook stirring occasionally, until you have a thick sauce and tender beans.
- Serve with fried egg.
Nutritional Information (4 servings):
Values per serving (including 1 egg)
- Calories: 387
- Protein: 23g
- Carbs: 29g
- Fat: 20g