Try this low carb version of Hoisin Duck with Noodles, our Hoisin Duck with Zoodles!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 x duck breasts
- 4 x medium courgettes
- 1 x chilli (chopped)
- 4 x bunches spring onions (trimmed and chopped lengthwise)
- 3 x tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- First, get the moisture out of the zoodles, place your spirilized courgetes on top of paper towels or a clean dishtowel and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for at least 20 minutes, while they release their moisture.
- Next, prepare the duck breasts by scoring the skin gently in a criss-cross pattern.
- Season each of the duck breasts with a pinch of salt and a grind of black pepper. Put duck breast skin-side down into frying pan on medium heat.
- Cook for 5-7 mins until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Press the salted zoodles between dry paper towels or another clean dishrag, to remove the excess moisture.
- Turn the duck breasts over, brown the flesh side for 2 mins
- Add chopped chilli and spring onions
- Pour in 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Roll the duck breasts around in the sauce and then transfer them to a cutting board and slice it.
- Return the duck to the pan with zoodles and sauté for further 3-5 mins.
Nutritional Information (makes 4 servings):
Values per serving;
- Calories: 290
- Protein: 42g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 7g