Try these High Protein Stuffed Mushrooms, ideal for entertaining and a vegetarian meal with good protein content.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms (each about 10cm across)
- 2 teaspoons of rapeseed oil (or another oil)
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- 50g feta (crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 6 walnut halves (roughly broken)
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- Heat oven to 200C and snap the stalks from the mushrooms.
- Put the stalks in a large, shallow ovenproof dish along with the caps, turned upside down.
- Brush the caps with the oil and bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the bulgur for 8 mins, then drain and toss with the garlic, feta, rosemary, walnuts and parsley.
- Take the mushrooms from the oven and turn the caps round the other way.
- Roughly chop the stalks, add to the bulgur mixture and pile it on top of the mushroom caps.
- Return to the oven for 10 mins, remove and leave to cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 487
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 40g
- Fat: 24g