Try our High Protein Stuffed Courgettes Recipe, perfect for vegetarians looking to get a delicious and nutritious protein hit!
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
- 3 large courgettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 1 medium egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves picked)
- 50g grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Meanwhile, cook the courgettes whole in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, then leave to cool slightly.
- Halve the cooked courgettes lengthways and scoop out the flesh. Set aside and roughly chop the cooked flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chopped courgette flesh, garlic and cook for 5 mins or until golden.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and mix in the grated carrot, breadcrumbs, raisins, beaten egg, basil, thyme and most of the grated cheddar.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollowed-out courgette halves and scatter the reserved grated cheddar over the top.
- Arrange the courgettes side-by-side in a large baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Kcal: 229
- Protein: 11g
- Carbs: 20g
- Fat: 11g