You have to try our low calorie, home-cooked, budget and waistline-friendly Healthy Fish and Chips Recipe.
Try some lower calorie alternatives like our Healthy Fish and Chips Recipe by hitting on the links below:
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into wedges / fries
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 4 cod fish fillets (approximately 100g each)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 lemon zest (plus extra to serve)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush a roasting tray with oil then add the sweet potato fries. Sprinkle with the paprika and bake for 10 mins in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, place the cod fillets well apart on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl, then add the lemon zest, parmesan, parsley and 1 tbsp of oil. Season with black pepper and mix together.
- After approx. 10 mins in the oven, turn sweet potatoes over and return them to the middle shelf of the oven and put the fish fillets on the top shelf. Bake for another 5 mins.
- Drain off any liquid released from the fish. Divide the breadcrumb mixture evenly between the fillets, pressing down firmly onto the top of each one. Return to the oven and leave everything to cook for another 15 mins. Serve with peas and lemon on the side.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 23g
- Carbs: 40g
- Fats: 9g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!