A delicious, warming recipe that’s as easy to prepare as it is to consume! Check out this Fish Tacos Recipe and tweet us your feedback or leave a comment below!
Macros for entire batch of filling (serves 2-3):
- 82g protein.
- 14g fat.
- 25g carbs.
- (544 kcal).
- 450g boneless white fish (cod, tilapia, plaice etc).
- 2 limes.
- Red chillies or jalapeños.
- Fresh coriander.
- Chipotle tabasco sauce.
- Salt and pepper.
- Oliver oil.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- 1 onion.
- Red or yellow pepper.
- Baby tomatoes (optional).
- Place the fish in a flat bottom bowl or baking tray. Add a little olive oil, juice of 1 lime, 1-2 teaspoons of paprika, 3-4 teaspoons chipotle tabasco (you can mix regular tabasco with a little BBQ sauce for an alternative), 1-2 finely chopped chillies, 4-5 sprigs of chopped coriander and pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl. Allow the fish to marinade in the mix for 15-20 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic, remaining chillies, onions and pepper.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan and heat on a medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and chillies and cook for 2 minutes before adding the onions. Continue to cook, stirring regularly until the onions brown.
- Add the fish and marinade to the pan and stir to evenly distribute the marinade. Cover the pan and continue to cook on the medium-high heat for a 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, flip the fish and stir the ingredient; replace the lid and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid again and break apart the fish fillets. Stir the ingredients in the pan before adding the pepper and tomatoes.
- Heat for another 3-4 minutes- cover the pan if you want to reduce the tomatoes- before serving.
- Serve with additional slices of lime, tabasco and selection of salsa, sour cream and guacamole-depending on your macros!
- Use regular soft tacos if your carbohydrate macros allow, for a low carb alternative use lettuce leaves!
For more delicious meal ideas click here.