Try our delicious fish cakes recipe for tea today!
Ingredients (8 fishcakes):
- 6 cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- ½ tablespoon of horseradish
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Pinch of black pepper
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and put some olive oil on the surface. Place the cod filets on top and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the cod is out of the oven and has cooled a little, use two forks to break apart the fish into little pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, eggs, garlic, mustard, horseradish, pepper, and thyme together with a whisk until well blended. Then add the fish and about 40g of almond flour to the mixture and mix well with a fork.
- Place remaining ground almonds on a plate.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some of the fish mixture and form it into a cake in your hands (mixture makes 8 fish cakes).
- Dunk the top and bottom of each cake in the almond flour mixture that is on the plate and then place the finished fish cakes on a separate plate
- Put the fish cakes in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, heat 1tbsp (add more if you think you need it) of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook each fish cake for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Each side should be golden and crispy. Remove them from the pan and place on a paper towel before serving.
Nutrition Information (per fishcake):
- Calories: 174
- Protein: 15g
- Carbs: 2g
- Fats: 12g