Delicious and packed full of goodness, so why not try our Falafel Recipe today?
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of hot chilli
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4-6 tablespoons of flour
- Oil for frying
- Place the drained, uncooked chickpeas and the onions in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the parsley, salt, hot pepper, garlic, and cumin. Process until blended but not pureed.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of the flour, and pulse. You want to add enough bulgur or flour so that the dough forms a small ball and no longer sticks to your hands.
- Turn into a bowl and refrigerate, covered, for several hours.
- Form the chickpea mixture into balls about the size of walnuts.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot or wok and fry 1 ball to test. If it falls apart, add a little flour. Then fry about 6 balls at once for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 172
- Protein: 6g
- Carbs: 18g
- Fat: 9g